Last night I and a few folks from PermissionTV attended the VideoNuze VideoSchmooze in Boston, hosted by Will Richmond. It was an informal affair / mixer at a swanky bar, with no speakers or topics on agenda.
Here are some highlights:
- I met Will Richmond and thanked him for organizing the event. Will is a great guy, very engaging and intelligent.
- Catherin Frederico is starting an online video destination site around Nutrition and Nutrition consulting. I thought of Gary V, Episode #1. Gotta start someplace.
- Stephen Shenefield is working on a consumer electronics device that consolidates all sources of media (tv, phone, internet) and “transforms the home technology experience.” Sounds cool.
- Interesting conversation with David Carver about his former life working on engineering high speed video delivery network servers.
- Met Emily Gannett whose founder of Klickable.TV a 3 person startup that is somewhat competitive with PermissionTV. We had a drink and shared some war stories. Online video can be tough!
- Dan and Rich from Collegiate Images were up from Florida and decided to swing by. Collegiate Images is “the centralized licensing and rights clearance agency of video and still images for colleges, universities, conferences, bowl games and broadcast rights.” Great niche, well executed, and great content to work with all day long!
Overall, it was a nice little mixer that focused on the local Video 2.0 space. Check out a few more (poor quality) pictures that I took with my iPhone. It was nice to meet everyone there. For those that I wasn’t able to give business cards to (after I ran out), feel free to drop me a line in the comments below and we’ll connect.